5 wholefood ingredients. 1 bowl. 0 fudge’n worries! Get your sweet tooth craving and add some goodness to your body at the same time.
These brownies are:
- Made with just five wholefood ingredients and one bowl
- Packed with healthy fats from nut butter, fibre from sweet potato and a hit of antioxidants from the cacao
- So fudgy and yum, you’ll wonder who the hell gave sweet potato the right to taste so good in brownie form?
- 1 cup sweet potato cooked and mashed
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 1 cup almond butter (peanut or cashew would also work)
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs (or 3tbsp coconut, olive or avocado oil for a vegan version)
- 1 tsp baking soda
Toppings optional (but highly recommended). We went with raspberries and dark chocolate, but go with what your heart desires.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Steam or roast your sweet potatoes, and mash until you have a fairly smooth consistency
- Add your mashed sweet potato and the rest of your ingredients to a bowl and stir until combined
- Spread in a linked baking tray, and add toppings if you’re using them (use them!)
- Cook for 20-30 mins (time will vary depending on size/height of tin) until lightly browned on top and centre doesn’t wobble if you lightly shake the tray.
- Let cool and cut. We love these refrigerated as it increases the fudge factor ten fold.
- If you can resist demolishing them straight out of the oven (good luck), pop them in the fridge overnight for ultimate fudgy-ness.
- You can tweak this recipe as much as you like to amp up or dial back the sweetness. We prefer them a little less sweet, so sometimes will go lighter on the maple syrup and top up with almond butter, but our very professional and experienced taste testers liked them as the recipe states.
- Got some pumpkin in the fridge? You can roast and mash that in with the sweet potato too for some bonus wholefood action.
Fudge'n delicious stuff.
If you make it, we wanna see it. Share on your IG story and tag @the_dailybar so we can share in the deliciousness.