I scream, you scream, we all scream for Berry Nice Cream. This is a simple, healthier take on a frozen, creamy summer dessert. Made for big kids (and we suppose little ones too).
*makes approximately 6 Nice Creams, depending on your mold.
- 400ml of canned coconut milk or cream
- 200g of 100% real fruit strawberry jam
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 150g of vegan white chocolate (or coconut butter)
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 15g of freeze-dried strawberries
- 1 cup of gluten-free rice puffs
For a really profesh vibe, use an ice cream or popsicle mold to get the perfect shape. Otherwise, a large ice tray will do the trick! And if you’ve got popsicle sticks, get ‘em out for this too.
Let’s make ‘em!
- Blend your coconut milk, strawberry jam and vanilla extract together until it forms a smooth, creamy texture.
- Evenly divide the mix between 6 molds and freeze overnight. If you want to, pop a popsicle stick into the base before you freeze to get that OG paddle pop energy.
- To make the mixture for your Nice Cream shell, melt your white chocolate and coconut oil together on the stovetop or in the microwave. Once melted, set aside to cool.
- Next, crush your freeze-dried strawberries and rice puffs into fine crumbs in either a blender or in ziplock bag and place into a shallow bowl.
- Carefully remove your Nice Creams from their molds and dip into your white chocolate mix, either halfway or all the way. Then, roll through your strawberry crumbs and leave to set for 3-5 minutes.
- Last step? Eat them all, obviously. Or, if self-control is a thing in your life (can’t relate), pop some in the freezer for a rainy sunny day snack.
Made them? Yay! We wanna see. Share your cute pics on Instagram and tag us at @dailybar__ so we can like/comment/subscribe etc etc.