Everyone needs a good, go-to green salad recipe in their repertoire, and, well, this is it!
The beauty of this salad is that you can use any salad veggie you like. Our general rule of thumb is to pick seasonal produce (you can read more about that here), but any veg will work. As long as there’s heaps of ‘em!
A wide variety of plants in your diet promotes a healthy and happy gut microbiome. This enhances our digestion, boost immunity, and contributes to overall well-being. So, load up on the veg, leafy green, herbs and seeds and you’ll be feeling tip top – promise!
So, here’s how we do it.
For the salad:
- A variety of your favourite fresh veggies. In this version, we’ve used radishes, butter leaf lettuce, cucumber and fennel.
- Fresh herbs (e.g., basil, mint, or parsley), for extra flavour/plant count. We’ve used parsley in this, but basil, mint or dill or work perfectly too.
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (freshly squeezed)
- 1 teaspoon of wholegrain mustard
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Let’s start by making the dressing. In a small bowl, combine your extra virgin olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, seeded mustard, a pinch of sea salt, and a pinch of black pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Wash and chop up the fresh veggies of your choice. Then, place them in a large salad bowl.
- If you're adding herbs (we recommend you do!), tear or chop them and sprinkle them over your salad mix now, and give them a gentle toss.
- Just before you're about to serve, give your dressing another quick little mix and drizzle generously over your salad.
- Done! Add salt & pepper or more lemon juice to taste, but go enjoy and make space on that plate for this masterpiece.