This one’s for the lovers. What’s more romantic than some juicy strawbs covered in chocolate? You have loved the bark recipes we’ve shared before, so here’s a loved up, V Day edition to get you in the mood.
How to make homemade chocolate bark:
Our homemade Cupid’s Bark is pretty much impossible to mess up. And, our favourite part about bringing this to life is that you can customise it to your hearts’ content. (Love pun, get it?)
Your main ingredients are:
- 300g high quality dark chocolate
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries
High quality dark chocolate is the most important ingredient. We typically opt for something around 70%, as this is where the choccie health benefits kick into gear. (Yep, choccie can be good for you. Read about it here).
Here’s where it gets fun! The whole point of chocolate bark is to load it up with delicious toppings. We try to opt for something sweet, something crunchy and something salty.
We’d go for:
- Freeze dried strawberries
- Flaky salt
It’s best to mix in about half of the ingredients directly into the chocolate and use the rest as topping. This way, you get plenty of flavor in each bite!
Reminder: you can't stuff this up, adjust all quantities accordingly to your heart desires
Now, let’s bark!
- Line a quarter sized sheet pan with parchment paper.
- To melt dark chocolate for bark, you can either use a double boiler or (the much easier option), a microwave. To prevent burning, microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring well between each interval, until fully melted.
- Stir in half of mix-ins directly into the melted chocolate. Pour chocolate onto parchment paper. Use a spatula to spread evenly.
- Top with remaining ingredients, evenly distributing each topping to you get everything in one bite.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour, until chocolate is rock solid.
- Use a sharp knife to break into bite-sized pieces and enjoy! Store leftovers in the refrigerator with parchment paper between each layer to prevent sticking. Or eat all in one sitting – we won’t judge.