FREE EXPRESS DELIVERY ON ORDERS OVER $59
All pretty in pink and making a comeback!
We love eggs. Especially when they’re pickled. Rich in protein, healthy fats, antioxidants and vitamin A & D – these pickled boys will help keep your gut and mind in check.
Eat in a leafy green salad, on toast with smashed avo or just by themself with some S&P. Yum!
Wanna try it for yourself? Here’s the deets.
- 6 eggs
- Ice water
- 1 can of beet juice (or add 1 small grated beetroot to 1 cup of water and let soak. After a few hours, drain and voila)
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 2 tsp of salt
- Black pepper
- Any pickling spices or herbs you’d like to add to the mix
- And a jar!
Prep the eggs:
- Boil 6 eggs on the stovetop for 10 mins until hard boiled.
- Once cooked, pop your eggs in a bowl of ice water to stop them from cooking any more than they were asked to.
- Once cool, peel and place into a jar.
Let’s get picklin':
- In your egg jar, add your beet juice, apple cider vinegar, honey and salt.
- Add in your black pepper, plus any extra spices calling your name.
- Lightly shake, and leave overnight in the fridge.
That’s it! Get her out in the morning and enjoy the eggs of your labour.
- We’ll often double the quantity of eggs, and add some extra apple cider vinear/water pickling liquid. 6 doesn’t quite cut it for us snack monsters.
- You can use white wine vinegar instead of apple cider vinegar if you need to.
- And, you can sub out the honey for some sugar or any other sweetener.
- Garlic, mustard seeds and fresh dill all make delicious pickling accompaniments.
Love 'em? Let us know. Tag us at @the_dailybar and show us how you go. Yum!